I have had a few ridiculous comments about IBD, Today I’m going to share a typical conversation;
- “Your not eating? why not?”
- Because I can not eat at this time (11:30am)
- (Side note that last thing is something i tend to repeat at least 3 times a week)
- because I have Crohns Disease and have an eating schedule, based around my medication
- “Oh well I have heard of Crohns Disease before and I Know that it is all about diet , you should really be eating more often”
- Well I can’t eat at this time , I get nauseous and whatnot and just not hungry
- You should go see a nutritionist and get a better diet plan. That way you wouldn’t have to take the medication
- it’s not that simple , diet is only a portion of this disease, the medication is more important than you think.
- Your just not trying had enough , i have heard of people curing this with diet..
- (laughed a bit) Don’t you think if i could cure all this pain with diet i would have done so long ago?
- Obviously not because you haven’t tried yet…I had digestive issues before and look now i don’t
- (there comes a time in a conversation where you realize the person really has no idea nor the interested in listening to you. They are more interested in telling you about how great/mart and all-knowing they are, when that times come’s you need to just end the convo and move on before you become agitated with them.)
- I’m glad you don’t have digestive issues anymore however this is more than that , anyways, have you looked outside check out that snow!…
- “Oh ya snow , well do you know how to melt snow and make spring come faster ….I do , all you have to do is change your diet and bang its spring!”
I’m kidding about that last sentence but that’s how they come across.
Here is a note to you Know it all’s out there , when you think you know everything about someones else’s disease , yet in reality you have never really heard of it , lived it,or have never even done research on it , then you really shouldn’t make comments like that, all you come off as is kind of ignorant.
” Ignorant Define: lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated”…exactly.
Do you get stupid comments about your Disease? share them in the comment bellow!